Week of February 3rd: Soccer

 This week, during Professor Stark's part of the class we talked a little about the background of soccer in Latin America specifically in Brazil. I found this topic to be very interesting as I have played soccer for the majority of my life. Even though I played I've never really looked into the background of it and how it influenced other nations. During this talk, we learned that originally the sport was a white privilege but as time went on it became a sport for everyone. We also learned that it was encouraged to the employees to play by their employers as it was a way to keep workers in shape. I think that being forced to play by the employers could have taken the fun out of the sport. But overall, I am happy that the sport was able to become a pass time and something fun for everyone.   

Comments

  1. Thank you, Jayden, for the post. I am glad you enjoyed the discussion of soccer. You left me wanting to read more about the role it played in forging a sense of cultural and national identity within Brazil.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To Myself